All students in years 5-8 are required to bring a device to school for digital learning. All students will be bringing home a BYOD and digital agreement on the first day of school in 2021.
All students in years 5-8 are encouraged to have: At least 8 hours battery power, 4GB Ram, at least an 11 inch screen and a very tough outer shell. A very good protective case or bag, wireless mouse and headphones. Everything is to be clearly named. All students who bring a device to school are required to sign and follow our BYOD agreement. Students are not able to use a device at school until a signed Digital Citizenship and BYOD agreement have been returned.
Glenbrook School have the following computer specifications to use as a guideline when purchasing a device for school use.
All students in years 5-8 are encouraged to have a device that has:
Chromebook – minimum specifications
- CPU Family:Intel Celeron
- Memory Size:4GB Memory
- Screen Size:11.6 inches
- Screen Resolution:1366×768
- SSD Capacity:32 GB
- HDD Capacity:N/A
- GPU Model:Intel UHD Graphics 600
- Operating System:Chrome OS
- 6-8 hours battery life
Windows PC – Minimum specifications – Waiuku College Specifications 2020
* Windows version 10 64bit Education or Pro with update 1909 or higher,
* Minimum 12 inch screen.
* 6‐8 hours battery life.
* 8GB of RAM minimum.
* Internal solid state hard drive (SSD) 256GB or greater.
* We recommend Intel i5 6th Gen or higher processors , AMD A5 and above
* A laptop bag or sleeve and, if possible, a hard shell case.
All items are to be clearly named.