- Every student is expected to attend school every day. Glenbrook School is open 8.15 am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Holidays out of term time, haircuts, buying clothes, birthdays, visiting relatives etc are NOT acceptable reasons for an absence. In these circumstances permission needs to be sought in writing from the principal.
- Students are not to attend external tuition classes off site during school time.
- Glenbrook School keeps electronic daily attendance on our student management system (E tap).
- All staff enter the appropriate attendance codes daily for their class.
- The office will follow up all unexplained absences in the morning once the class rolls and bus lists have been returned to the office.
- The sheet recording Ministry absence codes is available to staff from the office or on Etap.
This system allows us to track attendance and to analyse patterns of attendance. Parents who do not have genuine reasons for absence will, in the first instance, be reminded of the legal requirement to have children attend school. If poor attendance continues, we will seek support from outside agencies – this will include the Schools’ Attendance Service. There is a strong correlation between student achievement and attendance.
- The Principal presents a termly report on Attendance to the Board of Trustees and the Ministry of Education.
- You can view your child’s attendance in the Parent Portal.