Year 1 and 2 Teacher
Hi there! Welcome to my world of learning … here’s a snapshot of me:
- This is my 13th year of teaching, having trained as a mature student through the Auckland College of Education (now Education Faculty of the University of Auckland). I taught for 11 years at Kohia Terrace School (Years 3, 5, and 2) before going rural and coming to Glenbrook School a few years ago. I’m loving living in Pukekohe with my eldest son and having my family close by.
- I love reading! I devour books! Some of my favourite authors are Rosamund Pilcher and Maeve Binchy.
- I enjoy riding my bike around the back of Waiuku and breathing in that fresh country air.
- I’m crafty in the nicest sense of the word … I like knitting little baby jumpers to give to my local Plunket, I sew “stuff”, and I’ve just finished making an embroidered family logo for my living room.
- Vintage furniture is something that I love pottering with – I guess I have an eclectic mix of modern and shabby chic at home.